Sunday, August 22, 2010

Thank You and Looking Ahead

Dearest Friends and Family,

Thank you so much for all your prayers and support this past year. It has been amazing to see God’s faithfulness displayed in the love and generosity of people I care about so deeply. Your support made so much possible in my ten months in Cameroon. My students Katelyn and Lum have grown in their skills and knowledge. Several Cameroonian children in our neighborhood learned to read better in my weekly reading classes. I got to partner with the Jacksons in their children’s ministries, including a neighborhood Bible Club, a Bible Club at a school for disabled children, and physical therapy on horses for some of the disabled children.

From eating fried grasshoppers, to rallying Bible Club kids’ attention, to celebrating holidays with the Fulani people, this has been a transformational year for me. God taught me so much through the challenges and the joys of this past year. He taught me to appreciate and relate to different kinds of people. He gave me an awareness of His faithfulness in the simple as well as the magnificent. He gave me a fresh perspective of hospitality and selfless love.

Near the end of my ten months, I decided to commit to Cameroon for one more year, sensing that my ministries and my growth experiences there are not quite finished. So at the beginning of September, I will return to Cameroon for another school year! I am excited to move back in with the Jackson family and continue the work God has for me there.

I am also excited to partner with you for another year. More than anything, I need prayer. Pray for save travels. Pray that God will keep my focus on Him and his heart for the work in Cameroon. Pray that God will give me wisdom as I minister to the Jacksons and the Cameroonian children. I’ll continue to post updates on my blog this year.

Another important way you can support me is to contribute financially. I need approximately $500 a month for 10 months for living expenses. Even if you can only give $10 a month, or give a one-time gift, it will help. I encourage you to pray about how God is leading you to support me. Notice that this year you will send donations to Wycliffe Associates, not Grace Bible Church. All your gifts are still tax-deductible.

Thank you so much for your overwhelming support this past year and for considering how you can support me in the upcoming year.

With love and gratitude,

Catherine


Send all contributions to:

Wycliffe Associates

P.O. Box 2000, Orange, CA 92859

Make all checks payable to Wycliffe Associates. Include Code M08793 on the check (do not include my name!)

No comments:

Post a Comment